Butternut Bliss Biscuits
Butternut squash provides about one-third of the Daily Value of vitamin C in every cup and contains vitamins B1, B3, B6, pantothenic acid, and folate. It's a great fall side dish and a perfect ingredient to be used in casseroles. The sweetness of butternut squash also makes it an excellent ingredient for treats.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yields:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. In large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto paper lined cookie sheet. These can be placed close together since they wont expand. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven to a bakers rack and let cool.
These are great for a treat but even better as an accompaniment biscuit with your dog's meal. They are moist so store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.